Tuesday 18 October 2011

So here I start at the beginning of my journey into the world of motorcycle building, more correctly into the Cafe Racer scene.

Cafe Racers have always been a part of my life, my Father owned BSA's, Norton's, Triumph's etc as well as some Japanese machinery.  So growing up I was used to the whole Rocker lifestyle.

So fast forward many years and I decided after years on Sportbike and Supermoto bikes that I would now build the Cafe Racer that I have dreamed about.

My starting point was a 1978 Honda CB550K3 that I picked up on Ebay for the princely sum of £400 a trip upto Manchester from Bristol was undertaken and said bike was coming back to live with me.  It wasn't a bad base bike, although some shortcuts had been taken with the bike and it came with a hell of a lot of it in boxes, however this was not going to be a problem as the bike and engine would be stripped, modified and rebuilt.

So here are some pictures of the bike just back from its trip to its new home as you can see Frodo our Dog is helping with the build.






No comments:

Post a Comment