Saturday 22 October 2011

The strip down and refurbishment complete - time to build her back up.

I have now gotten to the point that the bike needs to be built up again.  Today my aim was to get it to a rolling chassis so a big day ahead.

Time to put out the pieces and work out where the hell they came from, luckily Frodo has decided to help me so all should be good.  I have a feeling I look very confused at this point.

As you can see this build is being done by one person, in their back garden.



So after a number of hours I the frame, forks, engine, swingarm and wheels are reunited but looking rather better. 

I have painted the engine in gloss black and polished up some of the engine covers.

As you can see, a few new items have found their way onto the bike, a nice set of clip-on bars and new rear shock absorbers.  I know that the top triple tree needs some cleanup work now that I have the clip-on's but that is a job for another day.







Now to put on some colour which will lead to the end design, I do love the colour orange and this you will see in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment